J2EE Job Application:
ObjectLab currently has some exciting job opportunities
based in the City of London.
We've recently launched our 'break-through' global portfolio financing product, and due to phenomenal success, we're expanding our
development team and need to hire several dedicated, hardworking and proficient Java Developers.
Our main clients are investment banks, broker dealers and hedge funds and are located primarily in London and New York,
but also have offices in Australia, the Far East, Europe and North America.
We're London based, but some travelling to New York may be required from time-to-time. Apply here strictly no agency, thanks
The Role: Experienced J2EE Developer
- Involvement at all stages of the process from requirements, architecture, development and some support (2/3rd line)
- Writing, debugging and maintaining Java 5 code primarily for the server-side: J2EE, EJB, Spring 2, Hibernate, JBoss, JMS, Mule, SQL/HQL, Dozer, JAXB, Jasper Reports.
- Developing automated tests: JUnit + our own E2E test tool.
- Developing and maintaining the automated build suite (Maven/Ant-based).
- Writing documentation for developers, testers and end-users.
- May initially involve some 2nd/3rd line support for the first release (i.e. Dev support) outside normal business hours.
- Good understanding of Java (incl. Java 5 features like generics and annotations).
- Good knowledge of the core Java packages.
- Proven experience of successful J2EE development.
- Experience with Spring (both server-side and client-side)
- Good developer-level understanding of relational databases and SQL.
- Experience with automated build tools like Ant or Maven
- Some knowledge of XML-Schema.
- Some experience of Swing or AWT.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- You must be conscientious, dedicated, delivery-focused, and able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Understanding of the concepts of object-relational mapping in general and Hibernate in particular, ideally with some hands-on experience.
- Good grasp of IP networking concepts.
- Conceptual understanding of transactions.
Nice to have:
- Experience of development with Spring Rich Client, JAXB, Dozer, Mule ESB, Jasper Reports.v
- Knowledge and experience with message-oriented middleware and JMS (ActiveMQ, JBossMQ, WebSphereMQ).
- Experience with automated tests, including unit tests, e.g. JUnit.
- Basic knowledge of investment banking nomenclature.
- Experience with the JIDE framework
- Exposure to Global One.
- A dynamic and intellectually challenging environment with lots of responsibilities.
- Working amongst a friendly, delivery-focused team.
- A competitive package that will be complemented with performance related bonuses (including stock options).